31 Aug 2012

Doug Wead: Romney Threatened Ron Paul with PR A-Bomb "Ten fat men!" + Ron Paul Took Over Occupy Tampa Last Night!

Ron Paul's Senior 2012 Campaign Adviser Doug Wead gives WeAreChange an exclusive interview about the Ron Paul RNC delegate controversy, criticism of Jesse Benton, and the real reason Ron Paul didn't attack Mitt Romney during the campaign.
Source

Ron Paul Took Over Occupy Tampa Last Night!
Last night, we were leaving the convention & a unit of troops were scurrying in an opposite direction from us. "Watch your backs! Watch your backs!" echoed through the group & we laughed, "Watch your bags?"
We are so rummy now, from lack of sleep & weariness, we joke about everything. We rounded a corner & there was a rush of mounted cops. I stopped to take a photo of the horses, I'm a horseperson, & dozens of bike guards rode up & formed in front of the horses.
Then, a raft of press ran up the street, and behind them were the Occupy protesters. They were chanting their slogans and stopped to take a stand. Immediately, I heard stuff that was just plain stupid, & stepped into the middle of them & tried to talk some sense. At first, they wanted to verbally fight with me, but all of us have talked the talk for so long, it's really hard for anyone to win in debate with us. Soon, they started listening to me. Everyone listened to me, the cops, the press, even the horses, I think.
"Hey, she's talking about no IRS, ending the Fed, ending the wars & imperialism. I want to listen to this." I told them that if they'd gone down & registered Republican & voted for Ron in their primaries & caucuses, then WE would be nominating RON, for president in that convention hall, instead of that travesty of a charade of a convention that's taking place there. They thought that was impossible, so I explained to them how it all went down in Nevada, & how WE run the party now.
They actually got it - REALLY! Speaking in that intersection to those hundreds of people was such a high, in a week filled with highs: Nevada nominating Ron, seeing Ron so often & so close-up, the festival on Sunday, visiting with Carol, and meeting so many, many wonderful, intelligent, liberty-loveing people
In the photo I am with the Occupy guys last night. See the horses in the background & the bike guards in the front. See the smiles on their faces?
The Occupy guys just laid down on the ground & I'm saying "Get UP! Don't lay down & let society walk all over you!" Then while they were down there, I just went into my "Taking back our Constitution & our country" speech. It was so ironic, one idiot barked, "Ron Paul wants to get rid of the EPA!" and I responded, "Do you actually think the EPA is working for YOU? That they are protecting you?" and someone yelled from "our" crowd, "They let those workers go into the World Trade Tower wreckage!" That shut the EPA-loving guy up.
After half an hour when they told us to move on, I waved at the mounted guys & called, "Happy Trails!" and they responded, "Good bye, Cynthia!" My name badge info had been relayed to security. I wonder what my file said?
Cynthia Kennedy
Delegate, Nevada
Member of the National Platform Cmte

   
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment