23 Aug 2013

Should Hitler Have Been Punished?

0:08 - How do I know I don't have confirmation bias? How do I tell the difference between Socrates and the sophists?

3:38 - How you see the evolution of virtue in general and courage in particular, from an un-philosophical state to the kind of virtue that breeds lasting happiness? What I can expect, how difficult it is, and what kind of opportunities should I look for?

7:17 - I've noticed that a great number of anarchist/libertarian individuals also tend towards theism in their personal lives. Could you please comment on the phenomenon and talk about why you think so many people fall into this theistic cognitive trap?

14:00 - What advice would you give to me in order to prepare for the inevitable, catastrophic event of America's economic collapse? I plan on getting my hands on some gold and other alternative currency. Would you suggest getting off the grid? Moving in to the woods to live with the deer? Leaving the country all together?

2nd Passports: www.fdrurl.com/tdvpassports

15:52 - Should Hitler have been punished if he did not himself kill anybody? (Assuming that his orders were followed voluntarily)

17:28 - What is the definition of prejudice and bigotry?

17:48 - We live in the Netherlands where our child will be forced to public attend school (or school prison) from age 5 to 18. How is it possible to raise a child peacefully when they will be subjected to such conditions?

20:00 - What are your thoughts on the Myers Briggs Personality Test? Have you ever taken it? If so, what was your result, and do you identify with that personality type?

20:22 - Eminent domain: I see a huge issue if communities in the "geographical states" of New York and California would like a highway or oil pipeline between them. How is it possible to negotiate with the hundreds if not thousands of potential land owners between them? Even with eminent domain special interests retard progress. How would stateless private citizens who may also have unrelated special interests work out a better less than perfect solution than what is now present in the US under eminent domain?

22:57 - Private Judiciary: How is authority implemented in a private society i.e. how would private property be protected or contracts be enforced when damages are sustained by one of the parties involved? What prevents the offending party from silencing victims by intimidation or force? Who manages the creation of and maintains the standards of practice of the courts in a stateless society and how is authority delegated to use force if necessary to recover damages?

27:30 - What are your thoughts on the declaration of independence?

28:23 - What do you think about college today? I have the opportunity to study economics, and do have at least one Anarcho-Capitalist Economist as a Professors, with whom I already build up an acquaintanceship. But I do feel attracted to philosophy. You once said that you don't think it would be a good idea to study philosophy at a university. I'm already 30 years of age. Should I rather try to get in the job market or continue studying?

29:23 - What is the best way to save someone from their own self-destructing behavior? Would you suggest reverse psychology - or - breaking off the relationship until they come to a reasoned understanding? I'm concerned that my love for talking about the truth will make me appear be un-fun to the people around me. I'm only 23 and don't want to lose my youthful, joyful, funny, spark for curiosity at the start. What do you think?

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment