6 Nov 2013

Richard Dawkins and Bill Maher Versus Airport Security

Thunderf00t: Richards Dawkins tweet about his honey being confiscated by the TSA drew a lot of attention this week.

Now I've been on the internet a while and have come to the conclusion there are people out there who will ALWAYS hate you. Indeed I have my own little dedicated band of haters. No sooner have I said something bland and uncontroversial like 'the sky is blue' than they will come out saying how I don't know what Im talking about as the sky is black at night.
It seems to me that Richard Dawkins has a similar band of folks who are just looking to put the most unfavorable spin on whatever he says, even if what he says has a very valid point at its core.

In this case it was about honey confiscated by the TSA. However Dawkins is not the first to raise an eyebrow at the questionable nature of the TSA and NSA. Indeed if I was looking at trivializing their efforts, I could quite happily spin this as 'wow, the US government spent ~7 billion dollars to ensure that the airplanes were not subjected to the horror of Dawkins honey! Thank God we can all sleep safe in our beds now'.

For those who have an interest, and because people keep asking, the people at the beginning of the video are a v. popular channel called sourcefed (over 1mn subscribers)

Some folks say they were being sarcastic, although if they were, I sure cant detect it, but judge for yourselves!
 
'Mr Disingenuous' X art by WB7


No comments:

Post a Comment