23 Mar 2014

Honey, I love you. Let’s get divorced.

I am often asked what led me, a woman, to become a men’s human rights activist (MHRA/MRA). The question doesn’t particularly make sense to me. The answer to the question is that I am a rational, logical person. But aside from that, who I am doesn’t matter. My gender is irrelevant.
The mainstream, feminist culture has a current perception of the men’s human rights movement (MHRM) as some sort of cult that fills vulnerable minds with an “angry white male” world view. Nothing could be further from the truth. I didn’t become an MRA, I was an MRA before I even knew about the movement. It’s the natural result of being a rational human being.
Just as my opinions about feminism, women, men, and mainstream culture have not significantly been altered by discovering the MHRM, my beliefs about marriage have not been affected by my discovery of MGTOW (Men Going Their Own Way). I have been a critic of the institution of marriage since the age of 16. When I discovered men were abandoning marriage to women my reaction was well, duh!”


I do not believe in romantic love, outside of it referring to a strong level of affection. Romantic love is delusion, it is certainly destructive, and may even be pathological. Relationships are a temporary arrangement of mutual benefit. That benefit, for some people, might be superficial but most people seek an emotional gain and are capable of maintaining long term relationships. When the relationship ceases to be beneficial to either participant it should be ended. That does not mean that people should abandon ship at the sign of a single crack. Good relationships are worth working on and can often be repaired. The ‘ship’ can even be renovated into a better state than the original.
But it’s not “love.”
The modern concept of love is mythological. Myths serve a purpose, and are wildly entertaining as well as enlightening, but they are still myths – merely symbolic. As humans, we wish to rise above our mortality by connecting with “eternal” concepts like love and marriage. That “forever” assertion, gives a feeling of stability. It’s not real. We’re all going to die.
I find the social attraction to marriage quite absurd. We are not one half of some mythological ‘whole’ person. Anyone who feels such a thing is not in a state conducive to a healthy relationship. We are social creatures who have sexual impulses. Those urges lead us to intimate encounters and we then try to transform a natural act into a meaningful event, validating us as something more than an animal with no destiny. It’s an act of existential desperation which leads to resentment and harm of our companions.
I am free of such illusions: I am MGTOW (Men Going Their Own Way).
That I am female doesn’t bother me when it comes to what acronym I use. There is no value in co-opting the existing phrase to suit my needs. It does, of course, bother some other MGTOWs. Those men who are disgruntled by me are free to go their own way, to disagree and stick to their own definitions, but the important thing to ask is whether or not I am supporting MGTOW in its current meaning. I think the answer to that is clear. Perhaps, for me MGTOW means I am a misanthrope, going my own way.
My appreciation for the subset of the men’s human rights movement calling itself MGTOW is specific and unyielding. Relationships between the sexes can not survive in their current form. Modern relationships are toxic. They are loaded with co-dependency, myth, and outright abuse of our fellow humans.
To me, the debate among MGTOWs whether or not a man can be married and still call himself MGTOW is absurd. Because marriage is absurd. Some people have found themselves waking up to the “red pill” reality of the gynocentric world after they’ve already taken marriage vows and don’t want their relationship status to exclude them from identifying as MGTOW. Tough titties.
It is not your marriage that binds you to another person, it is your personal commitment to that relationship that makes it work. If you have a great relationship, you can look at your spouse and say “Honey, I love you. Let’s get divorced.” If your relationship is that fucking good, you don’t need the marriage. Getting divorced would actually assert to each other the depth of your affection because you trust each other enough to not need a state issued document to show your love.
As I’ve said, I do not believe in love – but I do believe in people.
Though I appear to be a misanthrope, I actually think that people are innately good. Human destructiveness is a socially created problem. We can fix it. It’s not “people” that I dislike, my disdain is the result of the choices I see people make. Those choices are guided by their social conditioning. In the same vein, MRAs are mistakenly viewed as misogynists. We don’t hate women, we hate the choices they make.
Our current culture crafts women into self-indulgent, self-absorbed princesses who seek to find slave partners that will cater to their every whim. That’s what makes them unlikable. At any time, women are free to make better choices. At that point, people will stop hating them.
Until things change, I am a misanthrope, a misogynist, and a mutineer. Those are the labels that mainstream society will pin on me. Unlike social justice warriors, I feel it is my job to educate my detractors and I will do it with patience. Feminists try to cast a shadow on the men’s human rights movement, portraying us as anti-social, but MHRAs actually have more respect for people than the mainstream. We believe society can break free from their illusions and create a better world. What feminists call anger is actually just tough love.
The brand of “equality” and “justice” that feminists promote accelerate the co-dependency and fears that fuel social collapse in the same way it destroys half of all marriages. That MGTOWs argue with each other about whether or not relationships are salvageable and, if so, how to resurrect them, shows more compassion for human relationships than the feminist promotion of gynocentrism.
So, I am MGTOW. And anyone who doesn’t like it can kiss my ass.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment