By Michael Snyder: The stock market may be soaring to unprecedented heights, but things just continue to get even tougher for the middle class. In this economic environment, there is intense competition for virtually all kinds of jobs. For example, more than 1,600 applications were recently submitted for just 36 jobs at an ice cream plant in Hagerstown, Maryland. That means that those applying have about a 2 percent chance of being hired. About 98 percent of the applicants will be turned away. That is how tough things are in many areas of the country today. It is now more than five years after the great financial crash of 2008, and the level of employment in the United States is still almost exactly where it was at during the worst moments of the last recession. And this is just the beginning. The next major financial crash is rapidly approaching, and once it strikes our employment crisis is going to get much, much worse.
Working at an ice cream plant does not pay very well. But at least
it beats flipping burgers or stocking shelves at Wal-Mart. And in this
economy, there is no shortage of desperate workers that are willing to
take just about any job that they can find. The following is how a Breitbart article
described the flood of applications that were received for just 36
positions at an ice cream plant owned by Shenandoah Family Farms in
8 Jan 2014
By Andy Bob:
Thoughts on Occidental
“I expect this stuff from Jezebel, but something like this coming from a college sociology professor is just frightening.” Sungecko says
Not frightening, just typical.
What else can someone saturated in feminist ideology possibly say about the spamming, other than the usual shaming language about ‘little boys’, victim-speak about silencing women and some kind of vacuous reference to male privilege? Being a feminist, she doesn’t believe that false allegations even exist, which is why doesn’t feel the need to address them.Feminists cannot address any of the issues of the MHRM with anything other than dishonesty, obfuscation and snark. Sociology professors are no different – they just use bigger words and slightly more accurate punctuation. These vanguards of organized feminism are among the principal authors of their all-too-familiar narrative. It is beginning to fail them because they never expected it to be challenged by rational humanitarians, like John Hembling.
Feminists are now floundering to contrive an emergency contingency plan, which so far seems to consist of bribing the SPLC to slander MHRAs, and waiting for David Futrelle to come up with a cunning plan. In other words, they’re fucked.
Actually, all that amounts to is just another variation on NAFALT, or the “No true Scotsman” fallacy. One only need to examine a topic often brought up that you can find most anywhere: The notion of women inventors. This fatuous nonsense that comes so straightforwardly from the mouths of the younger Feminists on Tumblr, Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, et. al,? It’s all over the Internet! Don’t believe me? Do an online search for it. There are copious websites throughout that list several alleged female formulators for your perusal. Some of them repeat the same names, some have names of their own they add to the wood pile.
I’m old school, so I’m going to jump into this – at least at first – the way I would have sampled a vinyl record album back in the day: Drop the needle somewhere and let it play! So in randomly picking out one of the sites I’ve managed to dredge up, I go through the names and one jumps out at me big time. A name that goes back to my boyhood lustful fantasies: Julie Newmar, better known by her most famous role of Catwoman.