8 Jul 2015

MGTOW 101: Hey Mama (The David Guetta Song)

Adam Man: If you listen to pop radio stations, which usually I pray you don’t, you will have heard the new release by French DJ David Guetta. The song, Hey Mama, prominently features rapper Nicki Minaj as she sings all three verses. I’m not going to lie, unlike almost any other EDM or rap song I really like this song, Nicki Minaj’s rapping is exquisite, the flow is magnificent. But this video isn’t about how great this song is. This video is about the fact this song is in existence is quite close to a literal miracle.
It’s not that there is anything special about the song, it’s just your standard dance club song. It’s the lyrics that Minaj supplies to the song that is so interesting to me. The song is all about women submitting to the will of her man.
The second verse begins with the lines “Yes I do the cooking, yes i do the cleaning, Yes I keep the nana real sweet for your eating.” These things are stereotypical associated with housewives. The final lyrics of the final verse: “Make sure that his baby take care Make sure mama crawls on her knees keep him pleased rub him down be a lady and a freak”

Now I have nothing against the songs lyrics, the way it is worded is in my opinion completely harmless. In no part of the song does Nicki give the impression that all women should act this way. But of course there are a lot of people who do think this. The song is being pegged as sexist by multiple individuals, what a surprise.
Now like I said earlier the fact this song is famous is a miracle, the fact it even got initial airplay is a miracle as I would have assumed radio stations would have refused airplay of the song because of the lyrics.
So I have to ask, what IS wrong with these lyrics. Nowhere does this song state that all women should behave in this way. It is the speaker’s personal decision to treat her man WELL. And I emphasize well because it is quite apparent that the woman speaking these lyrics, whether it be Minaj or simply some indeterminate woman, loves the man she is with. She cares for him, treats him well, provides him with his desires and treats him as “the boss” to quote the song.
So why am I making a video about this, how does it relate to migtow? Well it’s the fact that the lyrics are in fact being demonized by so many women. For some reason women believe caring for the man in their life is sexist, misogynistic, and wrong. It absolutely baffles me. Isn’t natural that should you find yourself in love with another person that you would want to do these things for them? Whether you be man or women, wouldn’t you want to naturally care for your partner? According to modern women, no. Caring for the person you are in a relationship with is fundamentally sexist. Doing things for them to make them happy is sexist. Treating them as a loved one is sexist.
I’m going to be honest here I am becoming more and more certain in my belief that the modern western women is completely incapable of comprehending love for another human being simply because they are too in love with themselves to feel this. It really is depressing when you consider it, the fact that there are so many people in the world incapable of feeling love for their fellow human beings. This has been Adam Man and I hope you enjoyed the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment