4 Nov 2015

Leah Green’s Feminist Propaganda Piece For The BBC

By Mike Buchanan: In the months before the general election, along with some supporters, I was filmed and interviewed on location – including outside the University of Nottingham – by a film crew for documentaries planned to be broadcast on BBC3 in the autumn.  The crew filmed the infamous heavily soiled cat litter incident.
I haven’t heard from the production company, or the BBC for that matter, since.
On 5 August I received an email from someone I hadn’t heard of previously, Leah Green, who has a Guardian email:

Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 11:49:44 +0100 - Subject: Men’s Rights in the UK - From: leah.green@theguardian.com - To: mike@j4mb.org.uk
Dear Mike, I am researching a story at the moment into the Men’s Rights movement in the UK. I am looking into a range of different kinds of groups, from the mythopoetic movement to things like your party. I know you were very active in the run up to the election, and I wondered if you still hold meetings? I would really like to go along to a Men’s Rights event or meeting some time next week – are you holding anything or can you point me in the direction of one? I am happy to travel anywhere in the UK


< br>
Your help is much appreciated.

Best wishes, Leah

Video producer
‘… things like your party’. Leah Green is quite the charmer, evidently.
A Google search revealed her to be a Guardian journalist and videomaker, her Guardian profile is here. It only took a day or two of increasingly terse email exchanges before she stopped communicating with me, although I’d made it clear I was still willing to be interviewed.
Tonight BBC3 broadcast Britain’s Biggest Sexists?, presented by Ms Green. Predictably, she turns out to be a whiny, sneering, narcissistic, ignorant, misandrous, sexist bigot. Other than that, I have no opinions on her. Having those qualities is probably required to be a journalist with the Guardian, to be fair. Without any apparent irony, her programme includes footage of three of Britain’s most extreme and vile sexists – Laura Bates, Jess Phillips MP, and Stella Creasy MP.
I recommend you watch the hour-long programme, if only for some unintended laugh-out-loud moments. There’s a BBC-approved token unfunny ‘comedian’ mangina of whom I’ve never heard, despite being a comedy buff. The piece will remain available on iPlayer – here – for the next 29 days. We’d add it to the lengthy list of BBC anti-male pieces on our YouTube channel, but the last time we tried to post a whole BBC programme on the channel, it was rejected by YouTube. A link to a small number of the countless BBC anti-male TV and radio programmes is here.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment